Genomcore (https://genomcore.com) is a company founded in 2015 with the objective to allow the effective implementation of personalized medicine in healthcare. We developed a unique technological bioinformatics framework able to combine high-end scientific computing workflows with user-friendly business processes designed for the healthcare sector.
Our innovative solutions are recognized worldwide through different international awards, such as MIT Technology Review Innovators Under 35, Dubai Future Accelerators or IBM Startups Connect. If you want to join a unique fast-growing, trend-making company, this is your chance. The candidate will be working together with other members of the Bioinformatics and Scientific team, reporting directly to the COO.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Senior Bioinformatician to join our team. His/her main duties will include
• R&D of processing, quality and annotation pipelines for human NGS datasets (DNA, RNA…)
• R&D of new methods for gene pathways and pharmacogenomics integrative analysis
• Automatization of risk inference methods from pedigrees and clinical history
• Data visualization and report generation for prevention, diagnostic or treatment recommendations
• Ability to work with different business units assessing the requirements and designing new protocols
• Provide support in the design and preparation of new R&D projects
• Degree in Science or Software Engineer with previous experience in Bioinformatics
• Strong experience in -omics bioinformatics techniques, specially NGS data processing pipelines
(mapping, variant calling, filtering, etc), integration of clinical and experimental data from different
sources, reproducibility and portability of analysis workflows.
• Extensive experience using public databases (ClinVar, dbSNP, Reactome, OMIM, GO, PharmGKB, etc).
• Strong programming skills in Python and/or R.
• Experience in workflow composition, testing, specification and execution based on adopted standards.
• Full professional proficiency in English.
• Problem solving and aptitude to teamwork.
We also value
• Previous experience in clinical laboratories or diagnostic units are a strong plus.
• Knowledge of Spanish or Arabic are a strong plus.
• Experience on the use of contents (Docker) and source code repositories (e.g. Github, BitBucket, etc.)
• Experience in data-intensive computing in-frastructures that integrate computing and data storage
What we offer
● A full-time, permanent position in our Esplugues de Llobregat (Barcelona) headquarters.
● Gross remuneration starting at 30k€-40k€, adjusted to candidate experience.
● A selection of activities aimed to complete the researchers’ career development
● A challenging and motivating project with a talented team and growth possibilities.
If you are interested, send us an e-mail to email@example.com with your CV and the tag “BIOINFORMATICIAN-202002” in the subject.